Facial volume loss is something that most people struggle with as they grow older. This happens because the fatty tissues beneath the facial skin begin to deteriorate and also become depleted over time.
To help patients address the common issues, we at Mohave Dermatology recommend the use of fillers like SCUPLTRA. We work very closely with each one our patients in order to determine whether a particular treatment would be best to treat their condition.
What is SCULPTRA?
It is a dermal filler that has been approved by the FDA. It stimulates natural collagen production in the body. This treatment helps thicken the skin in the targeted areas, which eases the hollow and sagging appearance. This filler was specially formulated to treat problems of lost facial volume. It increases the elasticity of the skin and offers long lasting improvements.
The primary ingredient in SCULPTRA is PLLA (poly-L-lactic acid). lactic acid, is the same chemical that our muscles create after we exercise. However, in this filler, lactic acid molecules are connected in strings. When injected under the skin, the filler affects hollowness and wrinkles in two distinct ways. It adds volume under the skin and helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles. But this immediate enhancement isn’t as noticeable as the effects of a hyaluronic acid filler
The PLLA molecules in SCUPLTRA stimulate the production of collagen in the body over time which ultimately helps increase the thickness of the facial skin. These term effects are the main benefits of Sculptra as they make your skin more resilient against loss of volume, repetitive facial movements and gravity. Since the filler increases the skin’s thickness, it gives the face a fuller appearance.
The Effects of Sculptra
Unlike most hyaluronic acid fillers, SCULPTRA isn’t used to treat under-eye areas or crow’s feet. This is because the skin at these points is too thin and the filler would nor provide the best outcomes. But SCULPTRA is very effective and can significantly improve:
- Hollowed cheeks
- Chin wrinkles and indented chin surfaces
- Sunken eyes
- Deep facial wrinkles
- Marionette lines from the chin area to the mouth
- Skin folds like the nasolabial folds from the mouth to the nose- also called smile lines
- Marionette lines from the mouth to the chin
The initial injections are always applied in multiple sessions, over a duration of several months. Getting follow-up SCULPTRA injections helps maintain collagen growth and provides long-lasting results.
SCULPTRA Treatment at Mohave Dermatology
- During your consultation at the clinic, our dermatologist will carefully assess your skin to determine where the SCULPTRA injections will be most beneficial.
- Sometimes, the best results may be achieved when the filler is used to build up the thickness of the skin in the temples and cheeks.
- We may recommend the use of other fillers to address problems like fine lines and wrinkles
- After the first set of SCULPTRA injections is complete, we will schedule an appointment for the follow-up treatments after 4-6 weeks. Multiple sessions are generally needed for the best outcomes.
- We administer topical anesthetics during the SCULPTRA treatment and our patients are able to tolerate the filler injections very well. You will hardly feel any discomfort or pain during the treatment.
- Your dermatologist at Mohave Dermatology will recommend whether SCULPTRA alone or a combination of dermal fillers will help you achieve the look you want. The results of this treatment develop over a period of four to six months and the effects can last for at least up to two years.
Our dermatologists are highly skilled and you are assured of a natural-looking result. We have the training and experience required to place the injections at the right locations in the proper dosage. We have worked with various dermal fillers for many years and know exactly how they work.
Our team of experts is here to provide all the information you need about our services. You can also schedule an appointment with us, via this online form.
Check Out These Other Dermal Fillers: