Mohave Dermatology offers a variety of Aesthetic Services. When it comes to skin, we are the experts! Give us a call at one of our three locations to discuss your options.
The onset of frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles is quite a common problem for women and men as they age. Although these wrinkles and fine lines are nothing but reminders of the wisdom and maturity that come with years, they don’t always do wonders for your expression and appearance. Sometimes, frown lines and wrinkles can also make you look angry and tired.
At Mohave Dermatology, we treat these common skin problems in several different ways, and BOTOX is one of them. This is a time-tested virtually painless and quick treatment that gives your skin a rejuvenated and rested appearance. We have skilled and experienced dermatologists on our team that administer this innovative treatment to thousands of patients each year. Here is some information about what is involved in this treatment and how it can enhance your appearance.
What is Botox?
This purified and diluted Botulinum toxin (muscle relaxant) is safe for cosmetic use. When administered in BOTOX form, it can significantly improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Although BOTOX is essentially a toxin, it is an FDA-approved product used for wrinkle and frown line reduction. The treatment doesn’t have any notable side-effects and doesn’t carry the kind of risk of infections that could be present with surgical facelifts.
How Does Botox Work?
When injected into the facial muscles, BOTOX blocks the neuron activity temporarily, preventing full muscle contraction. Since the muscles are unable to contract, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by various facial movements like squinting, frowning, or raising the eyebrows, is significantly reduced.
BOTOX injections are the best treatment for eliminating frown lines on the forehead, smoothing the area between the eyebrows, and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and crow’s feet around the eyes.
We inject a regulated amount of BOTOX into the muscles that cause the wrinkles. The toxin derivative blocks the facial nerve impulses from reaching those areas of the muscle, which results in weakening of the contractions. Since the muscle becomes weak, the treated spots start to relax and ultimately, the wrinkles and fine lines become less visible and can disappear altogether as well.
The Advantages of Botox
- Effective and fast treatment that takes only between 10 and 15 minutes to complete and shows improvement approximately within four to seven days.
- We take great care while administering these injections, and you will feel minimal discomfort.
- Creates a very natural-looking outcome without any evidence that you have had cosmetic work done.
- No numbness or decrease in sensation at the treated areas.
- The effects of BOTOX are reversible and last four to six months.
- The effects of BOTOX are cumulative in nature, which means that repeat injections during upkeep treatments can enhance the effects.
- This is a non-invasive approach to treat wrinkles that eliminates the need for any form of anesthesia and lengthy recovery times
- BOTOX has a proven safety profile, and there is no evidence of toxic effects on patients.
We provide the best BOTOX service at our state-of-the-art clinic and you can rest assured that experienced and skilled dermatologists are handling you treatment. For any more information about these services, feel free to call Mohave Dermatology at this number- 702.346.5510. Our team of experts is here to provide all the information you need about our services. You can also schedule an appointment with us, via this online form.