Mole / Wart Removal
Do you have a mole somewhere on your body? Have you wondered whether these moles are normal or pose a threat to your health? It’s essential to know that most moles are harmless. However, certain types of moles can be a sign of melanoma, which is a prevalent type of skin cancer.
Regardless of whether you are keen on removing your mole for health or cosmetic reasons we at Mohave Dermatology can help. We offer a range of procedures for mole removal. Our team of experts is here to help you understand whether your mole poses any danger to your health and what’s involved in mole removal.
What is Mole Removal?
Moles are formed when skin cells grow in clusters instead of being spread across the skin. These cells are referred to as melanocytes. They create the pigment that gives our skin its natural color and can result from excessive exposure to the sun and can also be genetic. Moles aren’t uncommon, and most adults have 10-40 moles on their body. This number can easily change over the years.
When it comes to mole removal, there is no set method. Our experts will assess the mole, and the technique they recommend will depend on its thickness and size. They will also tell you whether it needs to be biopsied to check for cancer. However, this is the general mole removal process we follow:
- A local anesthetic will be used to numb the area.
- If the mole is tiny and thin, we simply shave it off using a double-edged razor.
- However, larger moles might need to be removed using a scalpel, and a few stitches would be required as well.
- Regardless of the mole removal method used, there is very minimal scarring.
When You Should Consult Us About a Mole
As mentioned, moles are quite common, and many people have them, so there isn’t any need to be concerned every time you spot a mole. Some signs of problems that you should look out for include:
- Asymmetry- If you have an asymmetrical mole, one half will be different in texture, shape, or size than the other.
- Border Irregularity – A mole that has an irregular border will appear uneven or blurry.
- Color – If you have a mole with more than one color or if you notice that a mole has changed color, it’s worth calling us to schedule an appointment.
- Diameter – A mole that is more than six millimeters in diameter might require removal. Roughly the size of a pencil eraser.
At Mohave Dermatology, we have highly experienced dermatologists. During your consultation, they will make sure you have complete information about what is involved in the mole removal procedure. You are always assured of objective advice and the best mole removal services.
Warts come in all colors, shapes, and sizes, and some of them can be worrisome as well. They are skin growths caused by HPV (human papillomavirus). There are over 60 types of HPV; some of these can cause warts on the skin. These viruses stimulate fast cell growth on the outer layer of the skin. Warts commonly appear on the hands, near fingernails and the fingers as well.
If you have warts anywhere on your body, it is crucial that you have them looked at by an expert dermatologist like the ones at Mohave Dermatology. We offer a range of procedures for wart removal. Our experts are here to help you understand what’s involved in wart removal. We have the skills and knowledge to eliminate warts and significantly improve the feel & look of your skin.
If you want to remove warts because they are causing you embarrassment or pain, our dermatologists can treat them safely and permanently. We have an in-depth understanding of the complexities of different types of skin disorders and have removed even very stubborn warts successfully.
When You Should Consult Us About a Wart
To know when to consult a dermatologist about warts, its essential to know some facts:
- Plane or flat warts appear in clusters on face, hands or legs.
- Plantar warts surface on the soles of the feet.
- Filiform warts always grow around the neck, face, and eyes.
- Periungual warts grow around and underneath the fingernails.
- Venereal/genital warts grow on the genitalia.
Warts spread by direct contact very quickly. If you touch a wart, the area can become infected, and it doesn’t take time for warts to spread and multiply. If you share towels or a razor that has come in contact with a wart, you may either spread or develop the virus.
If you come in contact with warts and do not notice any alteration in your skin, you would need to wait a bit longer. Warts can easily take up to six months to surface underneath the skin. Fortunately, wart removal isn’t a very complicated procedure. We offer various therapies and procedures for the treatment and removal of warts. You’ll be in and out of our clinic before you know it.
If you have a wart, schedule an appointment today and have one of our dermatologists look at your situation. They will carry out a detailed diagnosis and create a plan to treat the condition.
Contact the Best Providers
We are the expert dermatologists that have the knowledge, training, and experience to handle the treatment of all types of moles, warts, and other skin conditions. We offer the best treatments and personalized attention to each one of our clients at our state-of-the-art clinic.
Our team of experts is here to provide all the information you need about our services. You can also schedule an appointment with us, via this online form.